From: Edward Beardsworth
November 1, 1994
To: UFTO Subscribers
Greetings! We’re making progress. You’ve had the Oak Ridge report for a few weeks–any thoughts?
1. Two more reports on last year’s work are enclosed, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), and Argonne National Lab (ANL). I’ve asked each institution to put you on the mailing list for their respective tech transfer newsletters.
You’ll also find another report that gives a set of background reference materials that may be helpful to you in understanding the program. Note the long list of newsletters and magazines that are available to technology scouts–some are even free!
2. I’ll be going to the National Renewable Energy Lab (NREL) in Boulder CO, November 21 and 22. If you have any particular leads you want me to follow, please let me know.
FYI — see the enclosed new fax newsletter from NREL: Distributed Utility Valuation Project ResearchUpdate. The Oct 94 preliminary issue has instructions on how you can get on the distribution list.
3. Regarding selection of the list of labs to visit, NREL seemed to be an obvious choice. Lawrence Berkeley Lab also appears to be a natural for us. My plan is to get started with these two, and take more time to develop our complete list, based on additional conversations with each of you.
4. I decided not to attend Technology 2004 in Washington DC. If any of you do go, please give me a call and tell me what you thought of it.
5. We need to schedule my briefing/needs assessment visit to your company! Let’s do it. You call me or I’ll call you.