–> UFTO Utilities are especially invited to attend this event. Be sure to pass this along as appropriate in your company
Here is a notice for a venture forum in Chicago the week after next. Attendance is strictly limited to “qualified investors”.
—> Also note below a separate “invitation only” event –project financing.
For more information about the ECN (Environmental Capital Network), check their website at http://www.bizserve.com/ecn
Environmental Capital Forum — Promising Technology Companies
On October 21-22, 1998, the East Coast Environmental Capital Forum will introduce investors to selected companies commercializing a range of industrial process, energy, and other environmental technologies, products and services. The Forum will feature fourteen early- and expansion-stage companies that were selected based upon the strengths of their technologies, their markets and their management teams.
Congress Plaza Hotel and Convention Center
A Reception hosted by Coopers & Lybrand LLP will be held at the same location during the evening of October 21, 1998. The Forum will last from 8 am to 3 pm on October 22, 1998.
This specialized forum will capitalize on a growing investor interest in innovative technologies that enhance both industrial productivity and environmental quality. It will introduce the following promising companies to investors, and provide investors with opportunities to network with each other. A summary of the presenting companies by sector is below:
· Firm is commercializing an innovative, zero-emissions, high energy fuel cell technology.
· Firm is developing a leading electrochromic technology for building & transportation windows.
· Firm is expanding production of an electric motorbike.
· Firm is commercializing unique glazing material that reversibly turns windows from clear to white.
· Firm is expanding production of robotic metal working systems for industrial markets.
· Firm is commercializing novel thermal induction technology to treat and dispose of medical waste.
· Firm is producing advanced composite materials used in the construction, building trade and furniture industries.
· Firm is producing aerobic bio-reactor that pre-treats wastewater in food processing and other industrial settings.
· Firm is building plant to convert waste plastic into high quality diesel fuel.
OTHER TECHNOLOGIES, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
· Firm is commercializing revolutionary process to remove hazardous organic contaminants from groundwater.
· Firm is commercializing environmental software for power facilities, airports and similar institutions.
· Firm is expanding production of composite reinforced plastic materials utilizing fiber waste.
· Firm is commercializing innovative characterization technology specifically adapted for nuclear waste.
The Forum’s Business Selection Committee was composed of prominent investors actively involved in the industry, including Ms. Stacy Gray of First Analysis Corp. (Chicago, IL); Mr. Ethan Stambler of Advent International Corporation (Boston, MA); Mr. Tony Biddle of Zolfo Cooper Capital (New York, NY); Mr. Nicholas Parker of Technology Development Corp. (Toronto, Ontario); Mr. Tony Lent of EA Capital (New York, NY); Mr. Samuel Hope of Asset Renewal Services (Milwaukee, WI); Mr. Bradley Whitehead of CoreResources (Cleveland, OH), Mr. Paul Purcell of Enertek Partners (Columbus, OH), and Ms. Dawn McGee of Global Partners LLP (Sebastopol, CA).
Bio-Manufacturing Project Financing Opportunities
— Invitation only — Contact ECN for details.
October 21, 9:00 am to noon same location as above
Four presenting companies are seeking project finance capital. They have received earlier venture investment support from the AARC.
AARCC is the Alternative Agric. Research and Commcialization Corp., a venture investment subsidiary of the US Dept. of Agriculture that invests in startup companies that use agricultural waste materials in manufacturing.