Leidos Enterprise & Cyber Solutions Defense team is seeking a System Configuration Management Engineer to support our United States Strategic Command Systems Engineering & Integration (USSTRATCOM SE&I) customer. Our customer serves as principal enterprise systems engineering, enterprise architecture, cyber resilience, and technical authority for the Nuclear C3 Enterprise (NEC) within DoD and oversee systems engineering and integration for the entire Nuclear C3 Enterprise.
Location: Work performed at Ft Meade, MD (DISA Headquarters). Classified work required to be conducted at customer’s site
Clearance: Active DoD Top Secret/SCI required.
In this role you will:
• Identify the systems and their evolutionary schedules that comprise Nuclear C3 Enterprise and define the Configuration Items (CIs) at the NC3 functional level.
• Develop recommendations for the overall implementation strategy, management and execution processes and configuration management tools.
• Implement CM process to collect and manage configuration changes of NC3 configuration items and raise issues through existing Senior level Steering Groups structure as required.
• Develop and/or mature the NC3 CM Plan, Process, and Execution as well as maintain the NC3 Baseline Configuration Items, and NC3 Information Repository/Enterprise Model.
• Technical Engineering Degree; Master of Science or higher preferred with 10-12 years of experience. Bachelor's Degree and 12-15 years of work experience may be considered in lieu of Master's Degree.
• 10-12 years of experience with supporting complex, large DoD communications “system-of-systems” configuration management portfolios.
• Demonstrated experience applying CM principles to analyze CM requirements and develop CM processes within a “system-of-systems” infrastructure context under modern architecture development, collaborative/capability services, and incremental acquisition development constructs.
• Familiarity with CM aspects of the Department of Defense (DOD) acquisition processes for systems, software, and hardware under the DOD Architecture Foundation (DODAF).
• Experience and/or familiarity with configuration management standards.
• Understand CM / SE process for the entire life cycle of systems from initial requirements/capabilities baselines to system end-of-life.
External Referral Bonus:
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: