Experienced with Electrolytes? Take a closer look!
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Jenner Wiggins
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $100,000 - $150,000 per year
A bit about us:
We are a privately owned Battery and Power Distribution company. We focus within R&D and have attracted an impressive group of scientists, engineers, and partners who relentlessly develop technology needed to reach the next generation of rechargeable battery technology. This technology includes re-engineering the Lithium battery landscape. We serve a variety of markets and have a huge part in the Aerospace industry.
Why join us?
- Great team of people!
- Very well-funded company!
- Growing company with a lot of room for upward mobility!
- Stock options!
- 401k match up to 4%!
- Vision, Health, Dental, & even Life Insurance!
As our Senior Material Engineer you will be responsible for optimization and development of various electrolyte and anode for use in high performance Li rechargeable batteries. This is a highly cross-functional role and will require working with various teams and creative thinking to solve the problem from the different angle.
- Electrolyte Experience
- Experience with Cell Development for batteries
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with electrolyte scientist to identify short and long term roadmap for achieving high performance and cost reduction for Li metal battery
- Plan and conduct design of experiments to screen and develop the promising electrolyte material candidates and use statistical tools for data analysis
- Optimize the electrolyte formulation to meet the customer requirement for EV application
- Design the advanced electrolyte formulations for various cathodes material to achieve cell performance targets
- Investigate the several types of electrolytes to provide technical assessment for use in the EV application working closely with electrolyte scientist group
- Investigate interphase mechanism for the reaction of lithium metal with electrolyte for advanced anode
- Plan and execute root cause analysis of failures incurred over course of development and launch
- Create report, comprehensive technical specifications and DFMEA for electrolyte
- Collaborate with Supplier Quality team in their communication with material suppliers, related to the development and validation of detailed material specifications for new materials, and the resolution of any quality issues
EDUCATION & EXPERINCE:
- Bachelors in Chemistry, Electrochemistry, Materials &, Chemical Engineering, or related field.
- At least 5+ years of industrial experience in the lithium rechargeable cells field, electrolyte development
- Demonstrate deep knowledge in the mechanism of interphase between liquid and solid phase
- Good understanding of potential failure mechanisms in battery cells
- Hands on experience in formulation and property evaluation of electrolytes as well as deep understanding electrochemical analysis and evaluation
- Familiarity with statistical analysis including DFSS and Design of Experiments (Minitab) preferred
- Competency in the DFMEA process. Working experience with Quality & Reliability disciplines (APQP, 8D)
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.