Senior Battery Management System Engineer
Apply now "
Date: Dec 29, 2022
Location: Cary, North Carolina, US, 27513
Company: John Deere
At John Deere, we run so life can leap forward. This powerful purpose is our promise to humankind that we will dream, design and deliver breakthrough products that sustain our world for generations to come. The world is counting on us to feed billions of people and build vital infrastructures in villages, towns, and megacities. We live up to the legacy our founder forged in a one-room blacksmith's shop nearly two centuries ago by creating a culture that brings out the best in all of us. A culture where great ideas thrive because every voice is heard.
Primary Location: United States (US) - North Carolina - Cary
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Senior Battery Management System Engineer - 80734
Onsite/Remote: Onsite Position
John Deere is seeking engineers to help develop lithium-ion battery solutions. John Deere sees demand growing for batteries as a sole- or hybrid-propulsion system for vehicles. Products in Deere's portfolio such as turf equipment, compact utility tractors, small tractors, compact construction, and road building equipment could rely solely on batteries as a primary power source. Deere intends to continue to invest in and develop technologies to innovate, deliver value to customers, and work towards a future with zero emissions propulsion systems.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an innovative leader in precision agriculture and construction equipment and technology solutions as we continue our electrification journey towards a more sustainable future.
As a Senior Battery Management System Engineer for John Deere Power Systems located in Cary, NC, you will….
* Lead the design and development of lithium-ion battery management systems following the Product Delivery Process (PDP), ensuring all activities and plans are formulated and followed to launch the product into production
* Effectively collaborate and communicate with the appropriate functional team members from quality, manufacturing, supply management and product support, as well as product development engineers, PV&V engineers, marketing, suppliers, customers, and leadership
* Support vehicle teams with the integration of lithium-ion batteries into electrified vehicles
* Work closely with battery cell and packing engineering team
Visa sponsorship IS available for this position
What Skills You Need
* 5 or more years' experience in product design and engineering
* 3 or more years' experience in the design, development, testing, and integration of battery management systems in lithium-ion batteries
* 5 or more years' experience contributing as a core team member on a cross-functional product development team
* 3 or more years' experience in battery management system integration into electric vehicle applications
What Makes You Stand Out
* Understanding of Lithium-Ion Battery technology trends, vehicle industry application trends, battery management system technology trends, and lithium-ion battery test approaches.
* Deep understanding of Battery Management System algorithms including state of charge (SOC), state of health (SOH) and Safety Functions
* Demonstrated ability to lead project teams meeting project performance, schedule, and budget goals.
* Work experience with rectifiers, inverters, power control systems, and chargers.
* Experience with installation, commissioning, and field support of Lithium-Ion Batteries including diagnosing and troubleshooting battery system failures.
* Experience with artificial intelligence and/or machine learning methodologies and application to battery management systems.
* Experience with battery management system testing.
* Experience with construction, agricultural, and turf vehicle engineering.
Ideally you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
* Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or other related discipline with experience
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business. John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Nearest Major Market: Raleigh
Job Segment: Construction, Systems Engineer, Sustainable Agriculture, Marketing Manager, Electrical Engineering, Engineering, Agriculture, Marketing
Apply now "
Find similar jobs: