We are a fast-growing advanced materials company located in San Jose, CA, and we're looking for talented people who want to help us make a lasting impact on the world. Lyten has developed a breakthrough technology to custom design and manufacture Lyten 3D Graphene, a platform of carbon-based materials that has the promise to transform many industries. Imagine helping to transform the transportation industry to become more electric and reduce emissions in our atmosphere with a safer and more powerful battery platform. Imagine helping to develop new types of plastic materials that are stronger yet also weigh less, helping to reduce fuel costs in the shipping and logistics industry. Imagine building a chemical sensor that can better detect off-gasses or dangerous chemicals in order to save lives. With so much possibility, would you like to help make the world a better place?
Senior Battery Engineering Manager - Hybrid Solid Electrolyte
The Senior Battery Engineering Manager - Hybrid Solid Electrolyte will be responsible for leading advanced engineering efforts to design and develop advance Hybrid Solid Electrolyte formulations compatible with Lyten's lithium-sulfur cell manufacturing environment. This individual will be a key contributor in advancing Lyten's competitive advantage in Lithium-sulfur cell technology by developing in-situ gel electrolyte scientific learnings that underpin advanced processing methods, enabling Lyten to drive cell cycle life, energy density and safety improvements at scale. The ideal candidate will have a strong record of scientific achievement in the areas of gel electrolytes for solid state batteries, Li-sulfur or Li-ion batteries, electrochemistry, building a comprehensive team working on manufacturing lithium-sulfur batteries. You will work with other components leads (cathode, anode, separator) to define the process to deliver a scalable gel electrolyte / hybrid solid state production process. Collaborate with materials development teams to ensure cell design, performance, safety, compliance, cost, cycle life, recycling, etc.
- Build and manage a comprehensive team working on in-situ gel electrolyte development and manufacturing for lithium-sulfur cells
- Guide experimental design and analysis of data to realize advanced gel electrolyte materials for hybrid solid state cells
- Work with technology partners to define cell parameters and implement in-situ gel electrolyte production in a pilot production line environment
- Work with cell component partners on determining key milestones and deliverables needed to be able to get to scale
- Developing prototype cell designs, in-situ gel electrolyte formulations and advanced materials to extend cycle life and abuse tolerance
- Mentor Engineers and scientists to facilitate personal and technical career development
- Drive generation of intellectual property
- Work in close collaboration with internal materials development partners, interface with joint development partners, and customers
- Gather relevant technical information, identifies key issues, compares data from different sources; draw appropriate conclusions to arrive at appropriate solutions.
- Facilitates collaboration, actively engaging to make joint decisions and share best practices.
- MS/PhD in Electrochemistry, Materials/Chemistry/Battery Engineering, or similar technical field
- Cell materials engineering, electrochemistry, polymer science, cell prototyping, and cell manufacturing experience required
- 3+ years of experience managing a team
- 5+ years of experience in Battery R&D and Manufacturing in a commercial lithium-ion environment
- Experience in electrochemical analysis / failure analysis / electrolyte development and cell computational modeling
- Proven track record to lead a team to reach challenging technical goals in fast-paced environments
- A broad energy storage industry network and proven ability to interface at executive level is a plus
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive salary with opportunity for career growth
- Employee stock option plans
- Employee relocation assistance program
Certain positions within Lyten, Inc. require compliance with export control laws and, as a result, all interviewed candidates will be screened pre-interview to determine their eligibility in light of export restrictions.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled.
Principals only; third party or agency submitted candidates will not be considered.
This position requires access to technology, software and other information that is subject to governmental access control restrictions, due to export controls. Employment in this position is conditioned on the continued availability of government authorization to authorize release of such items, to the extent required, including without limitation an export license, or other documentation required to establish authorization to receive access to such items. Company may delay commencement of employment, rescind an offer of employment, terminate employment, and/or may modify job responsibilities, compensation, benefits, and/or access to Company facilities and information systems, as Company deems appropriate, in order to ensure compliance with applicable government access control restrictions.