Form Energy is a team of passionate people tackling the challenge of climate change through transformationally low cost energy storage. Our team members are active learners who enjoy working on tough technology problems in massive markets and embody our values of humanity, excellence and creativity. The company is backed by a diverse set of committed investors and we have raised over $100M to date.
Role DescriptionWe are looking for a Battery Engineer to join our battery products team and scale our product concept from the lab to an installed energy storage system. The Battery Engineer will inform our product cell and module designs to meet performance, degradation, and cost requirements. The Battery Engineer will also define testing infrastructure and testing procedures for our grid-scale batteries. This role will analyze and interpret test data to quantitatively inform cell and module design decisions. Further, this engineer will also work with members of the subscale team to specify experiments to validate electrochemical cell performance at the product scale and address any gaps in performance that exist between lab-scale cells and grid-scale product. This is a hands-on role, with ~50% of time expected to be working hands-on in the lab with ~80% of time on-site.
What You'll Do:
- Analyze data produced from full-scale batteries
- Work with mechanical design team to feedback full-scale learnings into future designs
- Specify, execute, and interpret experiments to quantify electrochemical performance, as well as define electrochemical validation tests
- Propose electrochemical tests on subscale batteries to target improvements in the grid-scale, product-intent battery design
- Champion for safety, especially in the development of new laboratory processes
What You'll Bring:
- Strong communication skills within a group of peers and broader organization including with remote team members
- BS or advanced degree in Engineering, Science, or a related field
- 4+ years experience building and testing electrochemical systems (graduate school time accepted as experience). There are varying levels for this role; differing experience amounts also encouraged to apply and the role level will be adjusted accordingly
- Has deep practical experience with electrochemical science and systems
- Enjoys a fast-paced work environment
- Experience using cloud based organizational tools is a plus
- Experience with python is a plus
- Experience with JMP or statistical analysis software is a plus
Compensation, Benefits, and Perks Form Energy is committed to equitable compensation and we offer a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need. We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. We offer a 401k and all employees are granted stock options. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page.
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.