Experienced with Batteries and interested in Cutting Edge R&D? Take a Closer Look!
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Jenner Wiggins
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
A bit about us:
We are an innovative, energy storage technology company developing products for the Li-ion battery markets. We have developed a revolutionary low cost, high-capacity silicon anodes that enables high-capacity silicon batteries to enter mainstream markets. We support the E-mobility, consumer electronics, and aviation markets.
Why join us?
- Great Benefits!
- Employee Stock Plan
- Cutting Edge R&D/ Manufacturing Environment!
As our Senior Battery Design Engineer you will refine the cell designs for our silicon anode & electrolyte innovations in next generation Li-ion battery cell platforms. You’ll work closely with the R & D team to optimize and adapt the technology to various cell formats, duty cycles, and requirements of customer targets and the associated manufacturing. The focus will include validation and design optimization with materials selection, electrode designs, and associated components for complete high performance balanced cell design.
- Cell Capacity Modeling
- Cell performance & Life Testing
- Hands-on Failure Analysis
- Cell material characterization
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Design and release of cells incorporating our proprietary silicon anode and electrolyte to meet customer-specific form factors and requirements
- Develop and implement APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning) product development discipline across cell development activities
- Conduct material, formulation, and design evaluations for new product versions or new generations of products, including active materials, additives, separator, and electrolytes
- Execute electrode & cell design optimizations to achieve customer/market requirements on performance, safety, reliability, and cost
- Run well-designed experiments based on DOE and Taguchi methodologies
- Perform structured root cause analysis when necessary to achieve design and product goals
- Execute cell DFMEA’s to identify risk and manage mitigation
- Develop and execute design validation test plan to validate cells to meet customer and regulatory requirements
- Develop component, assembly, and quality level drawings and specifications enabling successful sourcing and manufacturing of product
- Develop and execute validation test plans to support component supplier qualification
- Transfer design to manufacturing and support launch through PV (Process Validation) gates
- Provide sustaining engineering support for ongoing product manufacturing
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
- 3years+ of experience in battery design, development and optimization including knowledge of balancing key materials, electrodes and components for optimal performance
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of lithium-ion battery materials, components, performance, impedance, cell testing/data analysis, and failure modes
- Experience in developing product from stage of research through to commercial delivery
- Experience in implementation of product development process (APQP knowledge preferred)
- Familiarity with DOE, FMEA and Taguchi methodologies preferred
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.