http://cleantech.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/CTorg-logo.png 0 0 http://cleantech.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/CTorg-logo.png 2021-10-01 02:31:532021-10-01 02:31:54Printed Battery Researcher
At Facebook Reality Labs Research (FRLR), our goal is to explore, innovate and design novel interfaces and hardware subsystems for the next generation of virtual, augmented, and mixed reality experiences. We are looking for a skilled and motivated Printed Battery Researcher to join our team, whose mission is to design, build, and test printed flexible batteries for future consumer VR and AR experiences. We are specifically looking for a candidate with experience in flexible batteries with a record of developing and characterizing prototypes. As a Printed Battery Researcher, you will describe complex features and will collaborate with teams who are developing power sources for the next generation of wearable electronics. More broadly, the chosen candidate will work with a diverse and highly interdisciplinary team of researchers and engineers and will have access to cutting edge technology, resources, and testing facilities.
- Plan and execute research for developing the design and fabrication strategies for flexible printed batteries
- Work with system integrators, process engineers and researchers to define the form factor and integration requirements of flexible printed batteries into their related devices
- Describe complex features and systems in detail and communicate technical information effectively to cross functional teams
- Identify research activities towards applying abstract principles to solving problems within the technology space
- Serve as an important interface between the battery researchers and system integrators towards developing fabrication processes for flexible printed batteries
- PhD degree in Chemistry, Materials Science and engineering, or a related discipline
- 5+ years of post graduate experience in design, development and characterization of flexible printed batteries as well as integrating them into their related devices
- 3+ years of experience with battery testing techniques and data analysis such as charge/discharge, cycle life, rate capability etc.
- 3+ years of experience with battery electrode fabrication and electrochemistry, synthesis/characterization of materials, and application of materials in processes and devices used for energy storage
- Experience with textile energy storage technologies
- Experience in electrolyte design and modeling
- Track record of solving a significant research engineering or research science problem and/or having the sole responsibility/accountability of a technology path or vector with measurable outcomes
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].