PIV Battery Technician
Job Description Summary
The Forklift PIV Battery Technician is responsible for safely operating battery change equipment; cleaning and watering of batteries as well as performing standard battery preventative maintenance and minor repairs on batteries and battery chargers. Document change/charge cycles, maintenance, and repairs via computer software.
Primary Job Functions:
- Use battery change machinery to remove and replace batteries from forklift PIV and charging station.
- Promptly report all safety issues in the battery station.
- Maintains the supplies and skills needed to neutralize and clean up acid spills.
- Effectively communicate with management, department leads and forklift PIV operators.
- Follow preventative and corrective maintenance schedules on batteries and chargers following OEM & IEEE standards.
- Repair battery cables and connectors.
- Clean and water batteries as necessary to maintain peak efficiency and duty cycles.
- Follow and document equalization charge schedule to optimize battery performance.
- Complete all data input/documentation according to job requirements.
- Must be able to work holidays, weekends and overtime outside of scheduled hours.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Previous experience with lead acid batteries and associated maintenance techniques, Desired
Licenses or Certifications:
- Company-issued PIV License/certification or ability to obtain within 60 days, Required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Read and interpret technical documents, manuals and instructions
- Knowledge of lead acid batteries and associated maintenance techniques
- Troubleshooting mechanical, electrical and electronic problems
- Proficient in the operation of basic computer software programs
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Work independently as well as in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Maintain confidentiality
- Perform under strong demands in a fast-paced environment
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. All inquiries not related to accommodations will go unanswered.