Nuclear Engineering Manager - Full Time - Chattanooga (TN), United States
At Sulzer, you are in charge of your career and continued development. Take the opportunity to broaden your skills by seeking new roles that reflect your experience. Create your own impact by building solutions that help make lives safer, smarter and more sustainable.
Join our Services_AME team within Services division in United States as Nuclear Engineering Manager to help us take our business to the next level.
In this role you will be accountable for:
* Plans, organizes, schedules, and supervises SNSC engineering projects.
* Provides supervisory direction to subordinates with particular emphasis on initiative, training, work planning, timely completion of assignments, and meeting estimates.
* Reviews, approves, and/or certifies engineering work.
* Provides technical input, policy, and procedural direction for the SNSC Nuclear QA program.
* Provides engineering and estimating assistance to sales, project management, QA, operations, purchasing, and the General Manager.
* Assists General Manager in preparation of budgets, monitors costs, forecasts and assigns workload.
* Ensures sound engineering practices and judgment with special consideration for nuclear rules and regulations are employed in all facets of projects.
* Promotes teamwork between engineering and all other areas of the service center
* Promotes and maintains an image of technical excellence and high integrity
* Regular and reliable attendance
* Provides subordinates with a working environment that will encourage professional growth, cross training, increased productivity, and job satisfaction
* Performs duties as back-up for General Manager during absence
* Supports, cooperates with, and participates in company-wide LEAN and EHS Management System which includes following all safety, health and environmental policies and procedures.
* Performs other duties as assigned
* Supervises the Nuclear Service Center engineers, manufacturing specialists, and drafters.
* Assists General Manager when planning training and development of engineering personnel.
To succeed in this role, you will need:
* Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent training and experience required.
* 10 years experience in nuclear plant pump design and application and resolution of field problems strongly preferred. Experience with centrifugal pumps or related mechanical equipment required.
* Five years in a supervisory position preferred.
* Registration as a Professional Engineer and qualified per ASME Section III, Mandatory Appendix XXIII
* Superior interpersonal, written, and verbal communication, analytical, and supervisory skills
* Ability to work in a service-oriented environment under pressure and against demanding deadlines.
* 15 days or paid time off and 11 company-paid holidays
* 401(k) plan with a 6% company match
* Comprehensive benefits program, including, medical, dental, vision, life, and short-term and long-term disability
* Motivating wellness program
* Employee assistance program
* Service awards at 5 years
Location: We are based in Chattanooga (TN).
No visa or work permit support can be provided for this role.
Have a question about the role? Reach out to the Hiring Manager - Julie Thompson or the recruiting team - Olivia Quesada. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Sulzer is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
83% of our employees recommend Sulzer as a good place to work and we are proud to be recognized as a Top Employer 2023 in Brazil, China, Switzerland, United Kingdom and United States. So come and join our story, starting today!
Sulzer is a global leader in fluid engineering. We specialize in pumping, agitation, mixing, separation and application technologies for fluids of all types. Our customers benefit from our commitment to innovation, performance and quality and from our responsive network of 180 world-class production facilities and service centers across the globe. Sulzer has been headquartered in Winterthur, Switzerland, since 1834. In 2022, our 13'800 employees delivered revenues of CHF 3.2 billion. Our shares are traded on the SIX Swiss Exchange (SIX: SUN). www.sulzer.com
Through a network of over 100 service sites around the world, Sulzer provides cutting-edge parts as well as maintenance and repair solutions for pumps, turbines, compressors, motors and generators. We service our own original equipment, but also all associated third-party rotating equipment run by our customers, maximizing its sustainability and life cycle cost-effectiveness. Our technology-based solutions, fast execution and expertise in complex maintenance projects are available at our customers' doorsteps.
Explore other opportunities here: