Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today Learn more
Position Specific Description
Reactor Vessel Internals - Materials Engineer Position
RVI - Material Programs Engineer is responsible for program ownership of the Fleet Reactor Vessel Internals Program and providing metallurgical expertise in support of FPL/Nextera nuclear plants. Work will include support of nuclear sites in Florida, New Hampshire, and Wisconsin. Periodic travel maybe required.
- Reactor Vessel Internals Program owner responsible for program implementation, health reports, program documents, outage scoping and maintaining the program in accordance with regulatory, industry requirements and best practices.
- Develop and maintain material degradation/integrity programs. Perform or direct metallurgical failure analysis
- Apply nuclear industry codes and standards to engineering activities including regulatory response and license amendments (ASME, NRC, NEI, and EPRI).
- Provide and review material selections.
- Outage support.
- Provide materials engineering support for plant specification & design development.
- Provide consultation to supervision and management.
- Participate in joint industry program groups
- Participate in root cause evaluations
- Engineering degree is required in Metallurgical Engineering, Materials Engineering, or Welding Engineering.
- Candidate must have a minimum of 10 years’ experience dealing with material related issues, preferably in the nuclear industry.
- Must have good computer skills and proficient with Excel and PowerPoint.
- Advanced written and verbal communications skills are required.
- Analytical problem-solving skills are desired.
- Candidate must pass drug screening and security background checks required for unescorted access to nuclear sites
This job is responsible for developing technical recommendations to support complex nuclear projects and operations. Employees in this role perform advanced engineering activity and analysis that lead to the development of innovative concepts. Individuals participate in the development of new solutions involves the study of engineering principles, selection of areas for investigation, working through opportunities within scope, and communicating research findings. The successful candidate is responsible for interpreting, organizing, executing and coordinating assignments.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Works independently to perform engineering tasks with little or no precedence
- Provides technical consultation to management
- Applies nuclear industry standards and regulations to solve new problems and address situations
- Manages project teams toward solutions using leadership prowess, problem solving, and conflict resolution techniques
- Represents supervisor interests and serves in a backup capacity when necessary
- Serves as technical liaison within and outside business unit
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's - Engineering
- Experience: 12+ years
- Nuclear Experience: 8+ years
- Master's - Engineering
- Certified Professional Engineer (PE)
Nuclear Specific Requirements:
- Engineering or related experience: 12+ years
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Engineering
Organization: Florida Power & Light Company
Location: Jupiter, Florida
Other Work Locations: Florida
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé], providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our policy for more information.
Nearest Major Market: Palm Beach
Nearest Secondary Market: Miami