At Dominion Energy we love our jobs. That’s right. Love. Every day we go to work filled with passion to be excellent, to creatively problem solve and to innovate. These are exciting days for energy companies, and Dominion Energy aims to shape the future of energy in America. We are looking at all of our work with fresh eyes, retooling everything we do, in every part of the company, to operate more sustainably and to deliver energy more reliably than ever. We are looking for interesting, independent thinkers and doers who can help shape the culture of a forward-looking company that’s proud of its rich legacy. Are you a change agent? Do you think differently? Do you want to fall in love with your job? If you answered “yes,” then read on!
At this time, Dominion Energy cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position.
This position does not offer relocation assistance.
Innsbrook Nuclear Engineering & Fuel is currently seeking a Nuclear Engineer III to fill a position in the Corporate Mechanical Engineering Analysis group, where the successful candidate will be actively engaged in performing maintenance of thermo-hydraulic models and associated calculations for (key/critical) plant systems, providing motor operated valve (MOV) and air operated valve (AOV) design basis/evaluation expertise, performing flow-accelerated corrosion (FAC) analysis/evaluation, and ownership of EPRI CHECWORKS models/databases for the Dominion fleet of nuclear power stations.
This is a fleet support role, provided from the corporate office situated at Dominion's Innsbrook Technical Center in the west end of Richmond, VA. The individual in this role will work within a group of subject matter experts in the following areas: thermo-hydraulic flow modelling, HVAC system and building thermal models, MOV design basis/analysis, AOV design basis/analysis, general mechanical component and system expertise, FAC analysis/evaluation, and ownership of the FAC models / databases.
Perform other duties as requested or assigned.
The company is actively seeking United States military veterans and service members who meet the qualifications
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience
• 5+ years of engineering experience.
• Candidates must be self-directed, multi-task oriented, have excellent written and oral communication skills, and demonstrate excellent analytical, creative problem solving, customer focus and leadership skills. Proficiency with general office (e.g., MS Office) and engineering application personal computer software is required.
• Full knowledge of engineering theories and principles.
• Skilled in use of advanced techniques and modification and extension of theories, precepts and practices of the field and related sciences and disciplines.
• Strong leadership skills with proven ability to serve as team project lead. Provide guidance to less experienced engineers.
• Strong oral and written communication skills (includes technical writing).
• Strong personal computer skills.
• Ability to think analytically and solve complex problems.
• Ability to interpret codes, regulations, and practices.
• In depth knowledge of various computer applications, with the ability to manipulate personal computer applications and perform engineering calculations using applicable software programs (e.g. Matlab, Excel, etc.)
• Equally effective working independently or in team environment.
• Proven decision-making skills.
• Ability to process information quickly and effectively manage multiple tasks.
• Strong planning, organizational and project management skills.
• Professional Engineering registration is desired.
A partial year of related work experience of 6 months or greater will count as one year toward the year of experience.
A Master's Degree will count as one year toward the years of experience.
Military service members and veterans with ranks from E5-E9, W1-CW5, or O3-O6, plus appropriate equivalent combination of education and years of experience as outlined above are encouraged to apply.
Nuclear, Materials Science, Welding/Metallurgical, and/or Aerospace engineering degrees are preferred.
REQUIRED ENGINEERING CRITERIA:
For placement of a candidate in the Engineer job series, the following criteria must be met:
Possess a 4-year engineering degree from an ABET accredited engineering program based on the year that the engineering program was accredited by ABET, or
Possess a 4-year engineering degree from an institution outside of the U.S. which is accredited through the country's own engineering accrediting body under the Washington Accord as a full signatory, and is a degree that was recognized by the country's accrediting body on or after the date that full signatory status was achieved, or
Possess a 4-year engineering degree from a non-ABET accredited program and a post-graduate engineering degree from an institution where the undergraduate degree in the same engineering discipline is ABET accredited based on the year the engineering program was accredited by ABET, or
Possess a 4-year degree in Physics, Chemistry or Math and a post-graduate engineering degree from an institution where the undergraduate degree in the same engineering discipline is ABET accredited based on the year the engineering program was accredited by ABET, or
Holds or has previously held a valid U.S. Professional Engineer license.
Licenses, Certifications, or Quals Description
Depending on functional responsibilities and location of position, must review ANS 3.1 12/79, ANSI N18.1-1971 or ANSI/ANS 3.1-1993 and DOM QA-1 as appropriate.
Confined spaces Up to 25%Dust / Grease / Oil Up to 25%Energized Wires Up to 25%Fumes Up to 25%Heat Up to 25%Loud Noise Up to 25%Office Work Environment 76 -100%Operating Machinery Up to 25%Outdoors Up to 25%Radiation Up to 25%Travel Up to 25%Cold Up to 25%
Other Working Conditions
No Testing Required
Certain positions at Dominion Energy may involve access to information and technology subject to export controls under U.S. law. Compliance with these export controls may result in Dominion Energy limiting its consideration of certain applicants.
We offer excellent plans and programs for employees. Employees are rewarded with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package which may include: health benefits with coverage for families and domestic partners, vacation, retirement plans, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and much more. To learn more about our benefits, click here dombenefits.com.
Dominion Energy is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status.
You can experience the excitement of our company – it's the difference between taking a job and starting a career.