Responsibilities for this Position
Nuclear Construction Engineering Liaison
Job ID: 2023-9159
# of Openings: 5
EB Groton Shipyard
In this role the successfull candidiate will provide engineering (both radiological and non-radiological) support for maintenance and repair of post-delivery nuclear submarines and nuclear facilities at Subase New London and in the Shipyard. In addition, individual will provide radiological engineering support for post critical new construction ships in the Shipyard. Engineering support is predominantly mechanical/structural in nature with limited electrical interface.
Duties will include development of technical work documents for specific tasks to be executed by the trades, shipboard support and oversight of trade work execution, identification and implementation of process improvements, and surveillance of Nuclear Operations and Radiological training. Work on back shifts and weekends will be required as necessary to support Shipyard production.
This individual will work closely with Nuclear Operations, Nuclear Quality, Radiological Controls, Nuclear Test and Audit & Assessment personnel, as well as local customer representatives (NRRO, RPCO, SUPSHIP), and Navy Squadron and Ships Force personnel.
Furthermore in this role the candidate will become a member of the Nuclear Engineering Core Group and must be able to obtain and maintain qualifications in accordance with Articles 112 (Nuclear Engineer) and 107 (Radiation Worker) of NAVSEA 389-0288 (Radiological Controls Manual), along with the requirements of NAVSEA 0989-062-4000 (Quality Manual).
* Highly motivated and able to work independently
* Proficient in MS Office software
* High school diploma or GED equivalent
* 6+ years of Naval Nuclear experience or 4 years of direct Electric Boat shipyard experience
* Experience writing Formal/Controlled Work Procedures
* Engineering Watch Supervisor qualification and QAI/QAS preferred
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Experience in commercial nuclear power