* CURRENT PENN STATE EMPLOYEE (faculty, staff, technical service, or student), please login to Workday to complete the internal application process. Please do not apply here, apply internally through Workday.
* CURRENT PENN STATE STUDENT (not employed previously at the university) and seeking employment with Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the student application process. Please do not apply here, apply internally through Workday.
* If you are NOT a current employee or student, please click "Apply" and complete the application process for external applicants.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
We are looking for a self-motivated, positive, customer service-oriented, and quality-conscious person to join the Department of Nuclear Engineering. In this role, you will be a key player in all facets of events management for faculty, staff, students, industry, and stakeholders.
* Register, manage, assist, and participate in the implementation of in-person and virtual professional career events, and collaborate with other Nuclear Engineering staff in the planning and attendance of department recruiters at specific conferences, symposiums, and other events across the United States
* Register, manage, assist, and participate in the implementation of in-person and virtual University-wide student career events, seminars, banquets, symposiums, and special themed events for Nuclear Engineering
* Collaborate with other departmental staff involved with maintaining inventory and ordering event supplies to ensure Nuclear Engineering is fiscally conscious, and promote cross-collaborations with events; research, obtain quotes, purchase, and/or recommend display materials, equipment, etc.
Typical requirements include a High School diploma or higher; 2+ years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required skills/experience areas include:
* Microsoft Office proficiency (Outlook, Excel, Word)
* Success in an office environment, where various forms of communication and organizational skills were crucial to be effective
* Experience working alongside a diverse group of people from a variety of cultures and backgrounds
* Demonstrated ability to work through/troubleshoot a difficult problem, using proper steps to define and formulate ideas to reach a solution
* Past experience successfully handling multiple projects
Preferred skills/experience areas include:
* Career event planning practices and timeline management
Your working location may be a hybrid of on-site/work from home, project-dependent, located in State College, PA. Working hours are Monday through Friday with flexibility, working approximately 25 hours/week on average. Before fall and spring semesters, additional hours may be required.
For further information on Nuclear Engineering at Penn State, visit our web site at www.nuce.psu.edu
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusion that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity in society and nature, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusion as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act and the Pennsylvania Act of 1988, Penn State publishes a combined Annual Security and Annual Fire Safety Report (ASR). The ASR includes crime statistics and institutional policies concerning campus security, such as those concerning alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, sexual assault, and other matters. The ASR is available for review here.
Employment with the University will require successful completion of background check(s) in accordance with University policies.
EEO IS THE LAW
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applications without regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please contact 814-865-1473.
Federal Contractors Labor Law Poster
PA State Labor Law Poster
Penn State Covid-19 Vaccination or Testing Requirements
Penn State is committed to the health of our local and global communities. As a condition of employment, all employees are required to comply with COVID-19 vaccination or testing requirements. Click on Penn State Covid-19 Vaccination or Testing Requirements to learn about the requirements as well as general COVID-19 information at Penn State.
Penn State Policies
University Park, PA