At Dominion Energy we love our jobs. That’s right. Love. Every day we go to work filled with passion to be excellent, to creatively problem solve and to innovate. These are exciting days for energy companies, and Dominion Energy aims to shape the future of energy in America. We are looking at all of our work with fresh eyes, retooling everything we do, in every part of the company, to operate more sustainably and to deliver energy more reliably than ever. We are looking for interesting, independent thinkers and doers who can help shape the culture of a forward-looking company that’s proud of its rich legacy. Are you a change agent? Do you think differently? Do you want to fall in love with your job? If you answered “yes,” then read on!
At this time, Dominion Energy cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position.
This position does not offer relocation assistance.
Dominion Energy's VC Summer Nuclear Station in Jenkinsville, SC is currently seeking a Controls Specialist to support our Design Engineering / Project Management team. The Controls Specialist responsibilities include:
- Develop, implement and coordinate planning, estimating and cost controls for power station construction projects.
- Prepare cost estimates and develop detailed power station construction project schedules.
- Develop and maintain cost plan based on approved estimates and schedules.
- Monitor actual project cost and/or work status data to ensure project is proceeding on schedule and within budget.
- Prepare budgets and analyze monthly cost reports. Implement, evaluate, and monitor controls systems.
- Coordinate use of controls equipment and facilities.
- Conduct meetings with contractors and company personnel on cost control matters.
- Interface with other departments to coordinate and integrate support requirements on construction schedules.
- Evaluate project field and scope changes for impact on cost and/or schedule and update project budgets.
Perform other duties as requested or assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience
- 4+ years of relevant experience in directly related field;
- Knowledge of cost controls principles;
- Good verbal/writing/presentation skills;
- Effective work and project management skills;
- Effective decision making and problem solving;
- Effective math and computer skills;
- Effective analytical skills;
- Works effectively with employees at all levels and external personnel;
- Consistently applies good business judgment;
- Applies analytical abilities to diverse issues;
- Manages multiple priorities and meet deadlines;
- Ability to verify data and present statistical reports and documentation.
Degree or an equivalent combination of education and demonstrated related experience may be accepted in lieu of preferred level of education:
Preferred Degree: Associate's degree in Finance or a Technical field.
Cold Up to 25%Loud Noise Up to 25%Office Work Environment 76 -100%Outdoors Up to 25%Radiation Up to 25%
No Testing Required
Certain positions at Dominion Energy may involve access to information and technology subject to export controls under U.S. law. Compliance with these export controls may result in Dominion Energy limiting its consideration of certain applicants.
We offer excellent plans and programs for employees. Employees are rewarded with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package which may include: health benefits with coverage for families and domestic partners, vacation, retirement plans, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and much more. To learn more about our benefits, click here dombenefits.com.
Dominion Energy is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status.
You can experience the excitement of our company – it's the difference between taking a job and starting a career.