Russell Tobin & Associates is seeking a Battery Test Engineer for one of our Fortune 100 Clients in Cupertino, CA United States.
Job: Battery Test Engineer
Location: Cupertino, CA (Onsite)
Duration: 12 Months with Possible Extension
- Experience in Battery Management System (BMS) firmware, mix of QA & Development
- Strong Programming skills (preferably in Python) for test automation
- Experienced in various test tools like battery testers, source meters, multimeters, etc.
- Excellent debugging skills to tackle challenging problems
- Strong analytical/problem-solving skills to support proposed solutions
- Ability to articulate design issues and path to a resolution both verbally and with documentation
- Proven ability to work independently under high pressure and comfortable working in a dynamic environment
- Knowledge of Li-Ion chemistries and cell modeling is a plus.
- Prior industrial experience in hardware/firmware verification and validation is preferred.
- You will develop qualification tests for Responsibilities:
- Work with other technicians and test engineers to execute electrical and battery cycler tests and provide accurate result reports.
- Generate KPI for day-to-day lab activities.
- Review BMU schematics and layout to verify conformance and to determine testability.
- Conduct investigations and prepares reports to support investigations.
- Co-develop procedures and analyzes data for validation activities.
- Run complex test setups and DOEs use high-accuracy test equipment.
- Troubleshoot equipment and sample issues and maintain and solve test equipment problems as needed.
- Ensure that the test data collected meets the highest standard of quality.
- Use various types of measurement equipment to test batteries and cells.
Education: M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering or Computer science (or B.Sc. with industrial experience)