Job Title: Battery Test Engineer
Duration: 6 Months with possible extension
Location: Cupertino, CA
• Experience in Battery Management System (BMS) firmware, mix of QA &
• Strong Programming skills (preferably in Python) for test automation
• Experienced in various test tools like battery testers, source meter, multi meter, etc.
• Excellent debugging skills to tackle challenging problems
• Strong analytical/problem solving skills to support proposed solutions
• Ability to articulate design issues and path to resolution both verbally and with
• Proven ability to work independently under high pressure and comfortable working
in a dynamic environment
• Knowledge of Li-Ion chemistries and cell modeling is a plus.
• Prior industrial experience in hardware/firmware verification and validation is
• Work with other technicians and test engineers to execute electrical and battery
cycler tests and provide accurate result report.
• Generate KPI for day to day lab activities.
• Review BMU schematics and layout to verify conformance and to determine
• Conduct investigations and prepares reports to support investigations.
• Co-develop procedures and analyzes data for validation activities.
• Run complex test setups and DOEs using high accuracy test equipment.
• Troubleshoot equipment and sample issues, maintain and solve test equipment
problems as needed.
• Ensure that the test data collected meets the highest standard of quality.
• Use various types of measurement equipment to test batteries and cells.
M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering or Computer science (or B.Sc. with industrial experience