The Battery Technician, will be responsible for maintaining and exchanging inventory of batteries and chargers for fleet of material handling equipment, and for operating a battery test, recording system to monitor and test 24, 36, and 48 volt batteries; including adjusting the specific gravity of each cell prior to testing. Maintain tools, parts, and inventory in service van to provide the necessary repair/service to customer. This position will also maintain Malin’s battery charging system. Will represent Malin and requires professionalism, great attitude, good communication skills and outstanding customer service. May require periodic travel to customer location via company vehicle
Primary Responsibilities (include, but not limited to):
- Experience with electrical circuits and electronics
- Communicate with suppliers about warranty issues.
- Rebuild batteries by replacing cells, connectors, cables, etc.
- Burn lead to make connections and case connectors.
- Perform acid adjustments to batteries.
- Run diagnostics on batteries.
- Monitor and request supplies used in Malin’s battery charger and repair shop, such as: acids, cells, tape, connector, etc.
- Maintain inventory of all charging system parts
- Conduct all repairs and P.M's to chargers and systems
- Charging, rotation, cleaning and watering of batteries
- Periodic maintenance and repairs
- Communicate to supervisor of any equipment issues
- Package and dispose of used acids and batteries
- Receive all new batteries and record serial numbers with accurate record keeping
All other duties or special projects as assigned.
Physical Job Demands:
- Noisy working environment. Must be able to lift up to 100 pounds; stoop, squatting, sitting and driving.
Qualifications Requirements (include, but not limited to):
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum of 2yrs experience battery experience
- Must be able to lift 100lbs
- Good organizational skills, attention to detail and great customer service
- Dependable with good attendance
- Clean driving record
Special Skills Needed:
- Must have working knowledge of electrical circuits & electronics
Education Required: High School diploma. Technical School certificate or associates degree desirable.
Experience Required: Forklift, automotive, diesel or related industrial, aviation or military experience preferred.
Malin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is our policy that we will not discriminate against any person based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability, or veteran status.