Shift Days & Times: Sunday thru Wednesday
Sunday -; Tuesday 6a-6p
Changing forklift batteries using both Hydra Handlers in safe and proper manner
Changing all on site contractors batteries
Over-seeing proper process for forklift operators -; guiding into position, unplugging, pulling and placement
* Documenting unsafe batteries, leaking, over filled, bare wires, and lacking charges.
* Documenting battery numbers, in / out run times.
* Checking each battery as to water levels, documentation , filling if necessary.
* Minor repairs - changing caps, o rings, cell covers, cables, connectors, heat shrinking cables.
* Cleaning batteries with neutralizer, scrubbing heavy acid buildup with brush, putting through battery washer.
* Attending monthly scheduled battery meetings.
* Tracking and ordering parts for repairs, battery area tools, etc.,.
* Maintaining a neat and organized work area.
* Cleaning area: sweeping floors, scrubbing acid residue from floors & trays, blowing dust off chargers, under rack, battery carts.
* Compliance with customer and company safe practices for battery changing.
* Wearing proper PPE equipment.
Required Education and Experience:
* High School Diploma or Equivalent
Our Organization is an equal opportunity employer.