Job Title: Battery Storage Engineer
One of the nation's largest diversified energy companies is looking for a Battery Storage Engineer for Detroit, MI. Their electric and gas companies have fueled customer's homes and Michigan's progress for more than a century. They're also serving communities beyond Michigan, where their affiliated businesses offer renewable energy, emission control technologies, and energy services to industries in 19 states.
Individual will be the technical resource for distributed and utility scale energy storage projects. This position advises multiple departments to ensure successful design, procurement, installation, and commissioning of BESS systems. The Engineer provides subject matter expertise regarding technology, software, manufacturers, and integrators.
Advanced level engineer responsible for planning and conducting complex engineering related activities requiring the use of innovative techniques and the extension of theories. Applies thorough and diversified knowledge of engineering or scientific principles and practice in broad areas of assignment. Recognized for their expertise in a given specialty area or discipline. Incumbent makes decisions independently and represents the Business Unit in resolving important engineering related questions. Builds and maintains effective relationships with key internal and/or external decision makers.
- Internal subject matter expert for BESS
- Research, evaluate and recommend OEMs, BESS costs, systems architecture, operational capabilities, warranties.
- Create and maintain the internal BESS technical specifications documents.
- Support BESS Construction and O&M teams regarding project initiation, planning, execution, and commissioning.
- Support reliable and sustainable operation of BESS assets, providing analysis of anomalies, determining root cause, and providing recommended solutions.
- Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering and scientific principles and practices in broad areas of assignments.
- Leads the development and execution of large or complex engineering projects.
- Establishes and reviews test procedures; uses engineering expertise to determine when new or alternative technology, processes, and materials may be advantageous, and promotes their adoption and application.
- Conducts multifaceted technical investigations. Understands and resolves complex issues that are unclearly defined.
- Conducts studies and analyses in the resolution of engineering- related issues; may develop or update engineering standards and practices.
- Creates documentation and communication for project progress or results.
- Researches, analyzes, recommends, and implements new engineering practices to improve medium term business operations and goals.
- Serves as a skilled resource for less experienced engineers; provides analysis and recommendations on cross functional projects.
- Minimum: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology and a minimum of 8 years of job relevant experience
- Strong understanding of utility-scale battery storage systems
- Strong understanding of AC (alternating current) and DC (direct current) coupled storage systems
- Experience in BESS (Battery Energy Storage Systems) installations on services & commissioning.
- Desirable Inverters, Batteries, PLC/SCADA(HMI) and Control Systems knowledge.
Location: Detroit, MI (Relocation covered)
Pay Range: $110-150k Yearly + 10% yearly bonus + Benefits
Open for sponsorship, no recruiters, no 3rd party inquiries, no c2c. This is not an entry-level position.