Career Opportunity: Battery Scientist with Global Graphene Group in Dayton, OH
Do you thrive on driving new, leading edge technologies into products? Do you have a passion for the R&D of new battery systems? If so, we want to speak with you.
Global Graphene Group (G3) is the first advanced materials company to offer large quantities of ultra-thin, pristine nano-graphene platelets (NGPs). We have the capacity to revolutionize how the world stores and uses energy. On a daily basis, G3 is exploring the boundaries of graphene in search of new marketable ways graphene can be used across industries and globally. We are looking to add a Battery Scientist.
Other Key Responsibilities Include
The Battery Scientist will work under the direction of the CTO to develop solid-state batteries employed in energy storage devices. You will be responsible for designing and examining the developed solid-state electrolytes to be used in solid-state batteries. Expected duties include but are not limited to solid-state electrolyte R&D, process developments, electrochemical analysis of solid-state electrolytes/batteries, battery configuration optimization, supporting future solid-state battery scale-up production.
- Guide material electrolyte (ceramics/polymer) development in electrolytes and anode materials.
- Examine new binders/additives/electrolytes employed in batteries.
- Define protocols and SOPs for battery R&D and production purposes.
- Design experiments and test batteries.
- Collect, evaluate, and present data from testing equipment.
- Identify/troubleshoot the root causes when the battery fails.
- Dispose waste materials appropriately.
Qualifications For The Position Include
- Three years or more direct experience with either ceramic-based or polymer-based solid-state electrolytes.
- Advanced degree in Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Electrochemical Engineering, or equivalent.
- Battery assembly experience preferred.
- Wet chemistry lab experience preferred.
- Deep knowledge in battery failure mechanisms during cycling.
- Familiar with electrochemical cell mechanisms (Li-ion batteries).
- Capability to work in a dry room (< 1% Relative Humidity) with safety equipment.
- Experience with pouch cell assembly/test is a plus.
- English fluency.
This is a once in a lifetime career opportunity! Global Graphene Group is an up-and-coming organization ready to do amazing things!
If you are ready for a new challenge and meet the qualifications outlined above, apply online today. Visit www.theglobalgraphenegroup.com to learn more.
Employer is EEO/M/F/V/D.