Location: San Jose, CA (on-site position)
We are working closely with a start-up specialising in the development of next-generation Lithium-metal battery technology
They are expanding their R&D teams at the site in San Jose, and in particular are looking for a Battery Engineer with a good background in Lithium-Metal Chemistry.
- Use materials characterization techniques (SEM, EDS, XRD, XPS, TGA, DSC, DLS) to Characterize the surface properties of anode to improve Li metal anode performance
- Understand and participate in co-optimization of electrolyte and anode materials for optimal system-level performance and improved SEI properties
- Assist in the transition of new product concepts into the product development pipeline
- Build battery cells from coin cell to pouch cell, perform cell qualification and maintain battery testing equipment
- Perform electrochemical tests including cyclic voltammetry, electrochemical impedance spectroscopy, common potentiostatic and galvanostatic methods, analyze and manage data
- Practice proper laboratory procedures in compliance with Corporate HS&E policy and maintain a safe lab environment
- Degree in materials science, chemical engineering, chemistry, or related fields (experience in the battery field required: 4+ years for BS degree, 2+ years for MS and 0+ years for Ph.D. will be considered for this position)
- Knowledge in design of lithium metal chemistry and surface design of anode for next-generation battery
- Experience in material selection and synthesis, cell design, electrode fabrication, cell assembly, testing, QC and failure mode analysis.
- Experience in characterization techniques like SEM, EDS, XRD, XPS, TGA, DSC, DLS, etc.
- The candidate must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills and must be able to design and conduct complex experiments, employing DOE approach to interpret and correlate experimental results with battery product performance.
- Desire to learn new experimental and analytical techniques.
I can also be contacted at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé], to provide full details, arrange an application, or answer any questions you might have.
By applying to this role you understand that we may collect your personal data and store and process it on our systems. For more information please see our Privacy Notice (https://eu-recruit.com/about-us/privacy-notice/)