American Battery Solutions is hiring a Full-Time Enclosures DRE!
The Design Release Engineer-Structures/Enclosures is responsible for the design, development, and execution of enclosures systems surrounding the battery pack, module, and components. The individual will be responsible for defining, documenting, and designing key mechanical systems and components, and overseeing the validation of those components and systems. This individual will work closely with our prototype and production engineering manufacturing teams, as well key suppliers, and the validation/testing teams.
- Analyze key mechanical and thermal structures for the design and development of core battery systems and components.
- Work closely with the prototype, production, and manufacturing engineering teams, as well as, key suppliers and the validation/testing teams, to ensure that ABS structural products meet internal and customer requirements.
- Responsible for key structural components and systems, including concept development, design, drawing, release activities, troubleshooting issues, and proof of concept builds.
- Conduct high-level structural analysis of core battery systems and components.
- Provide detailed structural analysis (NVH, Stress/strain/fatigue,
- Thermal, modal, vibration) performed at service providers and suppliers.
- Work with Suppliers to ensure structural components can be produced and meet company specifications.
- Work with the manufacturing teams to ensure structural components meet internal guidelines for manufacturability and assembly.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Predictable and reliable attendance.
- Bachelor – Mechanical Engineering or a related field of study; will accept equivalent foreign degree
- Minimum 10+ years in the position above, as a Design Engineer, or in a related structural analysis engineering role.
- Structures, structural analysis, and CAE analysis (required).
- CAE/CFD tools including Hypermesh and LS-Dyna (required).
- CAD/Design tools including UG/NX and CATIA V5/V6 (required).
Why Join Us
American Battery Solutions (ABS) provides comprehensive benefit plan options at no cost, competitive salary, and equity eligibility to all associates. ABS is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Paid time off includes 3 weeks of vacation, 15 holidays, sick time, and parental leave.
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA) offerings.
- Company provided 401K savings plan with matching contributions to help you save for retirement.
- Voluntary benefits offerings.
- Tuition assistance.
- Employee Referral program.
- Employee development and career growth opportunities.
At American Battery Solutions (ABS) we are developing the next generation of battery energy storage systems that will power the vehicles of today and tomorrow! Our team works with the latest technologies and battery chemistries engineering, testing, and manufacturing batteries to power the world’s electric propulsion transition. At ABS you may get a chance to work on a project for an autonomous warehouse robot or an autonomous lawnmower, or you may work on a battery for a fleet of delivery vehicles or a transit bus, or even an EV start-up or a massive grid energy storage system. Our team is led by some of the industry’s most experienced professionals, but we pride ourselves on developing a diverse team of next-generation battery experts.
The Location - Lake Orion
American Battery Solutions Headquarters and Innovation Center is located in the heart of South-East Michigan in Orion Township. Orion Township is a Pure Michigan Trail Town that has a long-standing dedication to enhancing trails and pathways in its community, which is home to the Polly Ann Trail, Paint Creek Trail, and Iron Belle Trail. The township boasts more than 50 miles of trails. Southeast Michigan also boasts some of the best eating around! At ABS you’ll enjoy our twice-weekly Lunch Trucks, offering a wide range of options. Whether your interest is in furthering your education, enjoying one of the many regional sporting events, or enjoying the vast outdoors that Michigan has to offer, you’ll be at the center of it here!
AMERICAN BATTERY SOLUTIONS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.