Battery and Charger Tech
Are you committed to providing the highest levels of quality service? If so, First Transit wants you! The Battery and Charger Tech performs flashing and charging of batteries under the supervision of maintenance staff.
First Transit is proud to offer:
- $18/HR Starting wage!
- Excellent benefits package with paid holidays & vacation, medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan.
- Training materials provided
- Opportunities for Advancement Nationwide! - Advance your career as Shop Manager, Region Maintenance Manager, or work in our Greyhound, First Transit, & First Vehicle Services divisions across North America!
- A great work environment!
Battery and Charger Tech major responsibilities:
- Responsible for flashing and charging all batteries in the warehouse
- Packing charged batteries into cases and stacking on pallets
- Packing battery cases into vans for the start of drivers shifts
- Removing battery cases at the end of drivers shifts
- Inspecting all batteries for damage, scanning the damage battery into app and labeling in the Fire Cabinet or steel drums.
- Packing and shipping all damaged end of life batteries to recycling center
- Cleaning EbIke and WAV vans
- Wiping down bikes when they return from the field
- Wiping down batteries and battery cases
- Sweeping, cleaning tables and break area in the warehouse
- Performing tasks in the field when warehouse work is not needed (example: between battery charging, swap batteries on bikes in the field, look for a missing bike and/or picking up a bike out of the service area)
- Other duties as assigned
Battery and Charger Tech requirements:
- Valid driver's license
- Battery charging and flashing experience a plus
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Subject to a drug screen
Apply today to join our team!
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, & Puerto Rico. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.