Concorde Battery Georgia Corporation manufactures aircraft batteries. Pretty cool, right? We think so. We opened the doors at our Georgia facility in 2014, located just outside of west Atlanta. However, we aren't completely new to the industry. We've actually been in business on the west coast for over 40 years and continue to grow to meet the needs of our customers. Culturally, we believe great people make great companies. If you think you might be a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Concorde Battery Georgia Corporation is currently looking for a driven candidate to start a career processing batteries in the Formation Department and prepare batteries for shipping. Successful candidate will need to fulfill daily production requirements given from the department supervisor. The position will work at various workstations within the Formation Department and Shipping Department. The candidate will be given hands on training by the supervisor and colleagues; this is an exceptional career opportunity. Previous experience is not required but a plus. Overtime may be available.
- Follow written and oral instructions.
- Fill batteries with electrolyte.
- Verify correct electrolyte gravity.
- Maneuver batteries from pallet to filling conveyor.
- Load batteries into water bath.
- Make the necessary proper connections.
- Inspect connections for polarity and safety.
- Dump and wash batteries.
- Install vent caps.
- Perform dielectric testing.
- Maneuver batteries onto pallet from conveyor.
- Label batteries according to drawings.
- Insert terminals.
- Box and palletize batteries.
- Use forklift.
- Standing for long periods of time.
- Maneuvering up to 80 pounds.
- Reaching, carrying, bending/stooping, pushing/pulling.
- Wearing a respirator and other required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Comply with all safety requirements; participate in safety training/practices.
- Maintain a clean work area and follow company hygiene guidelines.
- Use small hand tools.
- Communicate to supervisor when detecting defective materials.
- Fill out daily production report
- Work with and around hazardous materials.
- Work in hot and cold temperatures.
Education and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Read, write, and speak English
- Punctual and reliable
- Must complete pre-employment physical/drug screen
- Monday Friday 6:30am - 3:00pm
Perks and Benefits:
- Desired first shift schedule
- Premium Health Insurance - $0 employee premium & $0 deductible
- Company provided life insurance for all employees with $0 employee contribution
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick
- Profit Sharing
- Overtime may be available
- Employee reward program
- Credit Union Membership
- Direct Deposit
- Weekly Pay (Thursday)
- Employee Referral Bonuses
This position description and benefits reflects the general level and nature of the job, is subject to change, and is not to be considered as all inclusive.
For more information about Concorde Battery Georgia Corporation please visit our website at www.concordebattery.com
CONCORDE BATTERY GEORGIA CORPORATION IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.