Our mission is to be a trusted workplace for team members to be their whole selves at work. A company that people love and positively impacts the lives of all whom we touch.
be your best self
At Interstate Batteries, you have the chance to be excellent at work and excellent at life. We know that professional success depends on personal wellbeing. That's why we want to enrich your life with the tools and services you need to succeed in every area of your life. Join us!
Purpose of Job :
Responsible for the overall All Battery Center operations and management, which includes enhancing customer satisfaction, meeting sales and profitability goals and managing staff effectively. Ensure smooth running of the store to maximize sales and minimize costs. Responsible for managing the store in ways that boost revenues and develops commercial business.
Job Components :
* Completes store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
* Maintains store staff by selecting, orienting, and training employees.
* Maintains store staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
* Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
* Identifies current and future commercial customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual commercial customers.
* Manages activities of the store according to established policies and procedures contributing to overall effectiveness and profitability
* Ensures store is opened, clean and closed in a timely manner
* Performs promotional activities for various sales programs
* Implements new policies and procedures for store operations
* Oversees and performs customer service functions
* Performs counter sales
* Monitors and evaluates store activities, margins, and forecasting future sales.
* Visits customer facilities to foster and maintain positive customer relations.
* Prepares reports
* Prepares reconciliations of deposits, cash recaps, and accounts receivable collection , etc
* Monitors inventory levels, oversees and coordinates the delivery and receipt of battery products.
* Oversees and coordinates placing of orders
* Monitors and ensures observance of safety rules and safe work habits.
* College degree in business, preferred
* High School diploma with strength in math and/or bookkeeping
* Excellent interpersonal , listening, negotiation, presentation, verbal and written communications skills
* Excellent telephone skills
* Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
* Proven managerial skills such as planning, directing, organizing, controlling and coordinating.
* Ability to use calculator, measuring instruments, computer, cash register and fax machine
* Ability to operate motor vehicle and forklift
* Proficient in use or can be trained on using welder, soldering iron and testing equipment.
Scope Data :
* Reports to Regional Manager, interacts with staff , customers and prospects, delivery recipients, and others common to retail environment
* Responsible for management of Assistant Manager and Sales Associates
* Handles financial transactions and cash; responsible and accountable for all store paperwork, budget and reporting
Work Environment :
* Work is performed primarily in a retail store setting, however, frequently exposed to dirt and dust, fumes, temperature extremes, dampness and battery acid.
* Position requires sitting, standing, walking, bending, twisting, reaching, stooping, climbing, kneeling, and lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds.
* Work involves some irregularities and difficulties, repetitive and varied tasks, and possible delivery driving duties.
* Stress associated with workplace pressure and the retail environment.
* Some travel required.
* Exposed to hazards of the road when driving
* Overtime as required
Note: We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.
Interstate Batteries provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Interstate Batteries complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Interstate Batteries expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Interstate Batteries' employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.