Effective, 6/27/21, all Direct Labor (not all positions qualify) and Maintenance Candidates that are hired will receive a $1,000.00 Sign on Bonus paid on the next check following their 90th day of employment!
Branch out with a warehouse career at Family Dollar!
We are looking for a Battery Technician to join our amazing warehouse team! As a Battery Technician, you’ll get to make a difference in a fast-paced distribution center. Join us - You’ll be proud to work for a successful, stable, growing Fortune 135 Company that is 100% committed to the safety of its Associates, helps families live lives better, and serves our communities in this time of need.
Excellent Total Compensation Package!
- Earn up to $13/hour
Our warehouse benefit package is one of the best in the industry!
- Free health care premiums and basic life premiums for full-time associates!
- Additional benefits include dental, vision, voluntary life insurance, short and long term disability, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), annual merit increases, discounted stock purchase plan, primary care giver, parental leaves, daily pay, and employee assistance program.
The Battery Technician maintains the upkeep of the powered equipment batteries and changes the batteries when needed.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures all material handling equipment batteries are properly maintained for efficient performance and changes when needed.
- Ensures brake test is performed after every battery change.
- Follows work orders in achieving productivity.
- Develops knowledge base of different systems.
- Communicates effectively with others to minimize potential downtime of equipment.
- Makes sure workmanship is of highest quality.
- Completes the daily P.I.T. checklist to ensure equipment is working properly and reports any defects to management and/or maintenance.
- Operates P.I.T. in a safe manner.
- Follows set safety procedures and guidelines to maximize personal safety.
- Maintains an organized work area and promotes a safe working environment with the Maintenance department.
- Follows all Company policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
If you want to join one of the most successful, stable companies in the United States and are interested in an excellent opportunity in our warehouse/distribution center, please follow these easy steps:
- Apply online at www.familydollar.com/careers
- Start working in as little as 7 days!
Dollar Tree/Family Dollar is an equal opportunity employer.
We conduct pre-employment drug testing and criminal background checks. Dollar Tree does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by the law. Applicants with disabilities may contact Dollar Tree coordinators via telephone, fax, e-mail, and other means to request and arrange for accommodations. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.