Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today Learn more
Position Specific Description
At what other company can you contribute to the next generation of green energy while utilizing leading technology to disrupt the industry? Or develop virtual reality training, volunteer in the community, and interact with top executives? At NextEra Energy, being an intern means more than getting involved in the day-to-day business. You'll get exposure to real projects and challenges in an innovative and fast-paced environment while gaining professional experience. You will also participate in engaging summer events plus work on projects with other interns and employees beyond your core work area. We are looking for a select talented group of interns to join us, learn about what we do and how we do it while contributing to our amazing team. We are diverse in thought, perspective, and culture similar to the customers we serve. Our goal is to identify and develop candidates for future full-time employment based on successful performance.
This position will be located at our Turkey Point Nuclear Plant. In this role you can expect to:
- Perform routine engineering or operations assignments requiring the application of standard techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Apply standard engineering operations practices and techniques to specific Engineering and Operations situations.
- Participate in the analysis and evaluation of issues associated with plant configuration and equipment reliability.
- Prepare and present reports summarizing the results of technical evaluations and recommendations.
- Interact with plant personnel (Operations, Engineering, Maintenance and Work Management) to review / address assignment specific activities in support of the plant and maintaining Equipment Reliability.
Preferred Majors: Electrical, Mechanical, or Civil Engineering at the Sophmore or Junior level class standing
Apply now and join us in 2021!
To be considered for an internship, you must be actively enrolled at a college or university as a full-time student seeking a bachelor’s degree or higher. You must also have a current cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher (on a 0.00 to 4.00 scale).
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists department with assigned projects
- Completes challenging projects and assignments
- Presents final project to senior leadership at the end of the internship
- Assumes responsibility for own travel, lodging, and transportation necessary to be available for the program
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High school grad / GED
- Maintain active enrollment in a Bachelor or higher degree program
- Maintain cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
Employee Group: Non Exempt
Employee Type: Intern
Job Category: Intern
Organization: Florida Power & Light Company
Location: Florida City, Florida
Other Work Locations: Florida
Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé], providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our policy for more information.
Nearest Major Market: Miami
Nuclear, Power Plant, Energy