GNB Industrial Power is part of Stryten Manufacturing which is a $1B market leader in the battery industry. We are developing lithium batteries with cloud communication capabilities for application in the distribution and industrial markets throughout the Americas. We have immediate openings for two talented candidates in our Charlottesville, VA facility.
Apply online or text strytenjobs to 97211 to begin your pre-screening process!
- We are looking for motivated software engineers to join our growing team to develop software to further advance our industrial lithium battery program. This software runs on a custom Linux kernel running on a 32-bit ARM CPU. Candidate should have at least 2+ years’ experience programming under an embedded Linux environment.
- Candidate must have developed multi-threaded or multi-process programs with IPC. Experience programming in Python is required.
- Programmers will participate in all phases of software development including design, development, test and support. Development targets include 32 Bit Arm targets with and without Linux operating systems. Tasks will include Wi-Fi, Bluetooth serial interface, and CAN bus communication. Other targets may include embedded microprocessors. Software development requirements may span one or more of these target environments.
Ideal candidates will possess technical expertise in software engineering including:
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar discipline with 2+ year’s equivalent experience required.
- Programming experience in Python and C/C++
- Good understanding of the fundamental software development concepts such as modules, layering, OO vs. procedural, etc. is a must.
- Experience with source control (git and SVN) and continuous integration
- Embedded Linux Kernel and/or low-level boot code development with debugging of the Linux system setup and configuration
- Knowledge or experience in software/system requirements capture, design, and decomposition ability
- Understanding of software validation and verification processes for technical product development with the ability to generate test descriptions and perform systems evaluation and testing of product systems
- Successful candidates will be capable of working independently while contributing to a fast-paced team development.
Stryten Manufacturing is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Stryten Manufacturing, www.stryten.com, is a leading provider of stored electrical-energy solutions for the Transportation and Industrial markets. Headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia, the company operates transportation plants in Salina, Kansas, Manchester, Iowa and industrial facilities in Ft. Smith, Arkansas, Kansas City, Kansas and Charlottesville, Virginia. Its manufacturing plants are located Kansas City, Missouri, and Lampeter, Pennsylvania. These locations produce a comprehensive portfolio of battery and energy storage systems and specialty applications for the Transportation, Network Power and Motive Power markets. Also served are industries such as agricultural, automotive, heavy-duty truck, marine, materials handling, military, mining, railroad, security, telecommunications, utility and uninterruptible power supply (UPS), among others.