SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With over 97,000 employees in 130 countries and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by assuring quality and safety of products and services.
Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
This is a senior-level role requiring knowledge of electrical product testing and certification. The individual will be responsible for testing and managing lab throughput as well as client communication of projects and sales support. This individual will manage projects from the proposal process through the delivery of the final test report. Additional duties include generation of quality procedures and work instructions, design and implementation of test fixtures, acquiring lab equipment and obtaining and maintaining accreditations. This position may include managing direct reports.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Support customers, labs, and sales team with expertise in ANSI C18 Series, IEC 62133, IEC 69160, IEC 60086-X, UL 2054, UL 1642, CTIA Battery, UN 38.3 standards.
- Develop compliance protocols and test plans for clients based on product specifications and technology.
- Participate in technical committees and industry associations to keep up to date on requirements and update customers and labs with latest changes and information.
- Give standards interpretation support to customers and support laboratory technical alignment.
- Review the design of batteries of various chemistries against worldwide safety and performance standards.
- Review and provide technical support to global battery engineering team
- Create quality procedures and work instructions.
- Senior Battery engineer works directly with domestic and global SGS laboratories to align testing approach and standards interpretation.
- Represent SGS at external technical committee and industry meetings, speak publicly at trade shows on technical topics, and publish quarterly technical newsletter.
- Support customers with protocol development and test plans and ensure proper implementation at lab level.
- Support local certification staff by reviewing and approving projects and supporting documentation
- Assist with training of new and existing staff domestically and globally.
- Meet Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) to achieve consistent turnaround time and minimal errors
- Assists in scope expansions as required
- Adheres to internal standards, policies, and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BSEE or equivalent degree or
- 5 years in the certification, testing industry.
- In-depth knowledge of ANSI C18 Series, IEC 62133, IEC 69160, IEC 60086-X, UL 2054, UL 1642, CTIA Battery, UN 38.3, and other related safety standards and regulatory requirements
- Able to travel outside the US
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, good team spirit, and adaptability
- Ability to communicate effectively with SGS personnel and clients outside the US
- High level of accuracy and good presentation skills
- Able to work effectively as a team leader
- Ability to supervise/mentor staff
- Ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment, able to deal with ambiguity
- Ability to work on multiple tasks at the same time and prioritize them accordingly
- Ability to interpret specifications to satisfy customer requirements
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a callback. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.