Identifies and resolves plant issues and acts as a liaison between engineering team and Operations and Maintenance departments.
- Supports Maintenance and Operations in system troubleshooting and recommends course of action to more senior engineers for approval regarding troubleshooting significant events or complex plant problems.
- Interfaces with Maintenance and Operations for cost effective maintenance strategies. Issues engineering changes (Design changes and temporary modifications) to support emergent plant issues and equipment reliability issues.
- Helps support planning and prioritization aspects of project life cycle.
- Implements action plans of senior team members to address deficiencies via the corrective action and work management processes. Supports changes in system configuration/design and design basis.
- Develops engineering products in accordance with defined standards and procedures. Participates in project teams for critical on-line system outages or refueling outages.
- Serves on outage engineering support teams. Attends training and maintains qualifications necessary to perform required group functions.
Minimum education required of the position
B.S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering or other closely related scientific discipline/physical science generally associated with power plant operations or equivalent work experience (equivalent experience defined as demonstrated success at the engineer/technical specialist level)
Minimum experience required of the position
Engineer Sr.: 6+ years of experience in nuclear power design, operations or equivalent, depending on Engineering Level.
Minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities required of the position
Technical understanding of nuclear generation principles and operations. Outstanding communication, conflict management and change management skills. Experience/proficiency in PC use and engineering-specific applications.
ANSI Required: No
Any certificates, licenses, etc. required of the position
Desired: SRO license or certification on a PWR or BWR; Professional Engineering license.
Primary Location: Louisiana-Killona
Job Function: Nuclear
FLSA Status: Professional
Relocation Option: No Relocation Offered
Union description/code: NON BARGAINING UNIT-NBU
Number of Openings: 1
Req ID: 101180
Travel Percentage:Up to 25%
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Vets. Please click here to view the full statement.
As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.