Location: Van Buren Township, MI/ Carlsbad, CA/ Remote
- Architect, design, develop and test next generation high-voltage Battery Systems from the cell to vehicle level.
- Decompose vehicle/application-level requirements to System and Sub-system requirements and component definition to drive design direction.
- Provide application engineering support to identify the ideal battery pack architecture and integrate into the desired application within given constraints, such as cost, performance, timing, etc.
- Develop required documentation (sub-system technical specifications, block diagrams, FMEA, P-diagrams, DVP, work instructions, etc.) and Sheppard the design process through to production release.
- Perform simulations on performance and life predictions from the cell to pack level in varying industries and applications.
- Research next-generation, advanced HV battery technologies, components, cell/module markets, Thermal concepts & mechanical integration techniques.
- Work with clients during any point of the engineering “V-Cycle” to support their development needs as required.
- Create and execute test plans on the cell, module & pack level. Able to support testing on-site and remotely as required.
- Work with suppliers to identify required components to be incorporated into the final design, resulting in a robust design meeting all client specifications and needs.
- Utilize individual and group design, drawing, specification and code reviews to demonstrate and drive the application of robust technical fundamentals to optimize system performance, quality, DFM/DFA and cost.
- Conduct root cause analysis and support troubleshooting in multiple formats (8D, etc).
- Ability to review existing component and system designs to determine if they are adequate for use in multiple applications or if there is opportunity to improve on the existing design for upgraded performance.
- Creativity and innovative ideas for complex system and component challenges.
- Understanding of global industry standards and trends to provide the latest technology solutions.
- Leverage extensive product development assets including team members, test labs, and expert product development capabilities to deliver best-in-class performance, usability and quality.
- Resource, timing and budget planning for client proposals – able to generate detail-oriented proposals and present to potential clients
- Medium and high-volume production experience through production execution